Bucs receiver Russell Gage is carted off the field in Tampa Bay after awkward hit to his neck
BREAKING NEWS: Bucs’ Russell Gage collapses on the field, writhes and twitches after being struck on the neck with medics forced to stretcher him off
- Buccaneers wide receiver Russell Gage was taken off the field on a stretcher
- The incident took place during the fourth quarter of Monday’s playoff game
- He was trying to catch a pass when he collided with Dallas’ Donovan Wilson
- Wilson appeared to hit the back of Gage’s helmet, impacting the receiver’s neck
- Click here for all your latest international sports news from DailyMail.com
Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Russell Gage was taken off the field on a stretcher in Monday’s playoff game against the Dallas Cowboys after an awkward hit left him twitching and unable to get to his feet.
The incident took place late in the fourth quarter on a crossing route over the middle of the field. Gauge stumbled was he tried to haul in Tom Brady’s pass with Cowboys safety Donovan Wilson leaning in for a tackle. It was then that Wilson collided with the back of Gage’s helmet, sending his neck recoiling back in the opposite direction.
In a scene eerily reminiscent to Buffalo Bills safety Damar Hamlin’s on-field cardiac arrest in Cincinnati on January 2, both teams stood silently on the field with several players kneeling in prayer as Gage was examined by medical staff.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Russell Gage (17) is hit Dallas Cowboys safety Donovan Wilson (6) during the second half of an NFL Wildcard round game
Russell Gage #17 of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers is carted off the field after suffering an injury against the Dallas Cowboys during the fourth quarter in the NFC Wild Card playoff game at Raymond James Stadium on January 16
Source of data and images: dailymail