World

Christian Horner is pictured on his way to Red Bull HQ for improper conduct hearing after being accused of controlling behaviour by female employee – as insiders expect him to be axed

Christian Horner has been pictured making his way to a crunch hearing following an accusation of ‘inappropriate behaviour’ at Red Bull’s Formula One team. 

The 50-year-old, who has been Red Bull’s principal since its founding in 2005, was photographed leaving his home in North London for the internal hearing which is expected to take place at the team’s Milton Keynes headquarters.

Red Bull – the Austrian energy drinks company which owns the team – said it had launched an independent investigation on Monday after it was made aware of the allegations. 

The allegation has been made by another member of staff for the British-based team which last year took Max Verstappen to his third consecutive world championship.

A source within the Red Bull team said the claims related to ‘controlling behaviour’ and it is alleged that this was towards a female colleague. 

An external English KC lawyer has been appointed to investigate the complaint which was made by the woman to the parent firm in Austria rather than the Red Bull team itself.

Horner, who is married to former Spice Girl Geri Halliwell, strongly refutes the accusation and said: ‘I completely deny these claims.’ He has also described the allegation as ‘nuts’, in a message protesting his innocence to MailOnline.

But the Red Bull Racing boss’ future now hangs in the balance, with insiders telling BBC Sport that they expect Horner to be axed. 

Christian Horner has been spotted making his way to a crunch hearing following an accusation of ‘inappropriate behaviour’ at Red Bull’s Formula One team

Horner, who is married to former Spice Girl Geri Halliwell (pictured together in Monaco last May), strongly refutes the accusation and said: 'I completely deny these claims.'

Horner, who is married to former Spice Girl Geri Halliwell (pictured together in Monaco last May), strongly refutes the accusation and said: ‘I completely deny these claims.’

If Horner is sacked – or chooses to resign – sources say that an executive from the Austrian side of Red Bull is likely to replace him.

Since Red Bull announced its investigation, Horner has remained active in his role as team principal, along with his dual position as chief executive of Red Bull Racing. 

On Monday, Red Bull released a statement in which it said was probing ‘certain recent allegations’.

It continued: ‘This process, which is already under way, is being carried out by an external specialist barrister. 

‘The company takes these matters extremely seriously and the investigation will be completed as soon as practically possible. It would not be appropriate to comment further at this time.’ 

Today’s hearing threatens to overshadow the February 15 launch of Red Bull’s 2024 car, which Verstappen will attempt to defend his world title in.

This is a breaking news story. More to follow. 

  • For more: Elrisala website and for social networking, you can follow us on Facebook
  • Source of information and images “dailymail

Related Articles

Back to top button
Open chat
Hello
Can we help you?