EXCLUSIVE: Cops remove multiple drugs from Bronx daycare after 1-year-old dies and three other kids are rushed to the hospital after eating fentanyl
- ‘Multiple drugs and related paraphernalia’ were extracted from a Bronx daycare
- Four children under the age of three ‘ingested fentanyl’ while on the premises
- One of the women believed to run the daycare has been taken in for questioning
‘Multiple drugs’ and supplies were removed from a Bronx daycare where a 1-year-old boy died and three others were rushed to the hospital after ingesting fentanyl, MailOnline.com can reveal.
Nicholas Dominici has been identified the deceased toddler in the horrific scene unfolded around 2:40pm on Friday afternoon.
Police tape had been stripped from the street and hung across the doorway of the Divino Nino Day Care on Morris avenue in the Kingsbridge neighborhood of the Bronx on Saturday.
The once-active crime scene had turned somber as neighbors began to grapple with the tragedy.
Mayor Eric Adams expressed his sympathy for the family, sharing that he had spoken to the parents who lost their son.
A contamination tent could be seen outside the daycare on Friday afternoon
Police tape had been stripped from the street and hung across the doorway of the Divino Nino Dayare on Morris Avenue
Four children under the age of three ‘ingested fentanyl’ while on the premises
The once active crime scene had turned somber as neighbors began to grapple with the tragedy
Anna Ortiz-Irving, 73, lives in the building next door to the daycare and said she is ‘sick over’ what took place as investigators continue to pore over evidence.
‘I was stunned because this mother and her daughter are the nicest people,’ she told DailyMail.com exclusively, referring to the two women who ran the daycare.
‘From what I’ve heard they found fentanyl in all four babies systems.’
Oritz-Irving said they ‘brought the police dogs on Friday night’ and claims her neighbor, who had been interpreting for police and the super of the building, ‘found drug paraphernalia’ after getting a warrant to search the daycare.
‘They found the cutting machine and what they call a presser,’ she said.
Sources with knowledge of the investigation confirmed ‘multiple drugs were found at the daycare as well as a kilo press.’
A kilo press is sued to package large quantities of drugs.
Sources also confirmed all four children ‘came in contact with fentanyl.’
Dominici, two 2-year-old boys, and an 8-month-old girl were found in the daycare which sits on the bottom level of the Morris Avenue building.
The children had allegedly been put down for naps to be woken up at 2:30 and had eaten something about 90 minutes earlier, sources said.
When cops arrived at the grim scene all four children were administered with Narcan, one of whom responded to the lifesaving drug police said.
All four were taken to hospital but the one-year-old boy died. Three others are in stable condition and the eight-month-old was treated for dehydration.
Divino Nino Daycare passed its annual unannounced inspection with zero violations on Sept. 6, city records note after receiving its license in May.
At a press conference on Saturday morning, Mayor Eric Adams said the event should act as a warning for people with opioids in their homes
All four kids were taken to hospital however the 1-year-old boy did not survive
The daycare has a capacity of eight children between the ages of six weeks to 12 years old, records show.
One of the women believed to run the daycare has been taken in for questioning.
No arrests have been made in connection with the incident as yet and police are still investigating.
Adams expressed his sympathy for the family, sharing that he had spoken to the parents who lost their baby son.
At a press conference on Saturday morning, Adams said the event should act as a warning for people with opioids in their homes.
‘To see the pain they are experiencing is something that all of us New Yorkers are experiencing and all of us that are parents.
‘This crisis is real and it is a real wake-up call for individuals who have opioids or fentanyl in their homes.’
Source of data and images: dailymail