USA

Kate Middleton is ‘on the mend’ and has left Windsor for first time since her operation after joining Prince William and their three children for a half-term holiday on the Sandringham estate where they could also pay a visit to King Charles

This has been a worrying week for royalists, with Buckingham Palace announcing on Monday that King Charles had been diagnosed with cancer. So I’m delighted to bring some cheering health news.

The Princess of Wales, who underwent ‘successful’ planned abdominal surgery more than three weeks ago, is on the mend. 

And, in a clear sign of her improvement, she was able to join her husband, Prince William, and their three children as they set off yesterday morning for a half-term holiday on the Sandringham estate in Norfolk, where the King is also convalescing.

‘Catherine is recovering well,’ a friend tells me. ‘She was looking forward to a change of scene and will be able to take it easy in Norfolk while the children let off steam with William.’

The Princess, 42, was discharged 12 days ago from the London Clinic, where she had spent almost two weeks. 

The Princess of Wales and Prince William with Prince Louis, Prince George and Princess Charlotte attend the Christmas Day service at St Mary Magdalene Church’ 

The King began his ¿schedule of regular treatments¿ on Tuesday, although palace officials did not give details of which type of cancer

The King began his ‘schedule of regular treatments’ on Tuesday, although palace officials did not give details of which type of cancer

The Princess of Wales was able to join her husband, Prince William, and their three children as they set off yesterday morning for a half-term holiday on the Sandringham estate in Norfolk

The Princess of Wales was able to join her husband, Prince William, and their three children as they set off yesterday morning for a half-term holiday on the Sandringham estate in Norfolk

In the only Kensington Palace statement about her health, a spokesman said on January 17 that, ‘based on the current medical advice, she is unlikely to return to public duties until after Easter’. 

The spokesman did not provide details about the nature of her surgery, but sources briefed that it was not for cancer.

Since leaving hospital, without being photographed, Catherine has been at Adelaide Cottage, the family’s four-bedroom home at Windsor Home Park. 

Her children, Prince George, ten, Princess Charlotte, eight, and Prince Louis, five, all attend Lambrook school a 15-minute drive away in Berkshire. They broke up for a week’s half-term holiday yesterday.

While Prince Harry was not invited to Sandringham, and had to make do with a 45-minute meeting with his father and stepmother, Queen Camilla, at Clarence House on Wednesday, Catherine’s family could see the King at Sandringham, depending on the medical advice he has been given.

The King began his ‘schedule of regular treatments’ on Tuesday, although palace officials did not give details of which type of cancer.

Catherine and her family will be staying at Anmer Hall, their ten-bedroom home on the Sandringham estate. 

At an air ambulance charity event on Wednesday, William thanked the public for their ‘kind messages of support’. He told the guests: ‘It means a great deal to us all.’

A Kensington Palace spokesman declines to comment.

  • For more: Elrisala website and for social networking, you can follow us on Facebook
  • Source of information and images “dailymail

Related Articles

Back to top button
Open chat
Hello
Can we help you?