Health & Fitness

Mum reveals tragic last words her daughter, 17, told her before teen collapsed and died following allergic reaction

A MUM has revealed the tragic last words her 17-year-old daughter told her before dying of an allergic reaction.

Kerrie Stokes was left devastated when she discovered “beautiful” Hollie had collapsed in a friend’s garden.


Kerrie Stokes is urging police to reopen the investigation into her daughter’s death[/caption]

Hollie, 17, kissed her siblings and shouted ‘bye guys’ before heading out to work, never to return

She recalled that Hollie kissed her young siblings and shouted “bye guys” before leaving their house in Birmingham to go to her part-time job at a local restaurant.

Tragically, this would be the last time the loving mother would see her daughter alive.

Hollie collapsed at a pal’s home later that day after eating a rice cake at the restaurant, according to detectives.

The snack contained walnuts, which triggered the youngster’s severe nut allergy.

Police initially arrested a woman on suspicion of manslaughter, but have now closed the case.

However, Kerrie has launched an appeal and vowed to “fight all the way” to have the investigation revived.

She told Birmingham Live: “She died a horrific and undignified death where she didn’t even make it to the hospital.

“She died in her friend’s back garden that’s how severe it was.

“As a family, we need answers and the truth of how this was allowed to happen.

“We feel this needs investigating to its full extent. We feel we’ve been let down.”

The distraught mum urged cops to look again at a “major piece of evidence”, referring to CCTV footage reportedly held by the West Midlands Police.

According to a letter from the force which was seen by local reporters, the video appears to show Hollie asking the restaurant manager if the rice cake contains nuts, to which the woman seems to reply that it doesn’t.

For her part, the manager, who has since changed jobs, claimed that Hollie was asking if it contained meat as she was a vegetarian and that she told the teen it didn’t.

Kerrie added: “When she got the job here, we said ‘don’t be so stupid you can’t work there, they work with nuts, shellfish etc’.

“She said, ‘[The manager] knows I’ve got allergies, don’t worry about it. I’m just taking phone orders’.

“We’ve kept her safe the whole 15 years we knew she had allergies, and within three months of working there it had cost her her life.”

Hollie’s cause of death was provisionally ruled to be anaphylaxis, with a full inquest set to begin in January.

A spokesperson for West Midlands Police said: “The investigation is subject to a Victim Right to Review therefore it would not be appropriate for us to comment until this has concluded, however, we will do so in due course.”

At the restaurant where she worked, Hollie ate a rice cake containing walnuts, which triggered her fatal nut allergy

Kerrie described her daughter’s death as ‘horrific’[/caption]

For more news: Elrisala ، For social communication, follow us on Facebook .

Source of data and images: thesun

Related Articles

Back to top button