A charity working to end violence against women has cut its ties with Russell Brand after he was accused of rape, sexual assault and emotional abuse.
Last night, a string of bombshell allegations were made against the 48-year-old star accusing him of the abusive and predatory behaviour between 2006 and 2013.
Following the devastating allegations published in The Sunday Times and on Dispatches on Channel 4, Trevi, a charity Brand has worked with more than a year, said they had ‘ended their association’ with him.
The organisation that helps vulnerable women and children said it had been ‘deeply saddened and upset’ by the alleged victim’s stories adding its priority remains protecting the ‘safety and well-being of all women and girls’.
A photo of Brand still remains on the charity’s homepage, however, along with an article about how he is raising funds for Trevi at his new live show Bipolarisation in Plymouth on Tuesday.
In a statement posted to its Instagram just hours after the shocking documentary was released Trevi said: ‘We are deeply saddened and upset by the stories reported on this evening’s Channel 4 Dispatches programme regarding Russell Brand.
‘Russell became aware of our charity in 2022 after hearing about some of the incredible mothers we have helped to become drug-free over the years. He wanted to support our cause and raise money through his Stay Free Foundation.
‘Today’s media revelations have been difficult to process but our priority remains and continues to be the safety and well-being of all women and girls now and in the future.
Source of data and images: dailymail