Floyd Mayweather’s billionaire bravado on the line as he faces jewelry court battle over ‘bounced’ checks

Boxing icon Floyd Mayweather is being sued by an upscale Miami jeweler over $1.375million of bling in yet another case where alleged creditors are chasing money from the undefeated legend.
Mayweather – who earned more than $1billion in his 50-fight career – visited AJ’s Jewelry twice in August last year and picked up an astonishing shopping list of 27 watches and 15 chains worth $1.675million, according to the latest lawsuit.
But the flamboyant boxer who revels in his nickname of Money is alleged to have paid only $300,000, while five checks for the remainder are said to have bounced.
The new case in Miami Dade County Circuit Court closely follows a New York lawsuit claiming the retired fighter, 48, owes $330,000 in unpaid rent and damages on a $24million leased Manhattan penthouse.
It also comes after another Miami jeweler filed a federal lawsuit against Mayweather in the Southern District of Florida in January. That claims the boxer failed to uphold a 2024 settlement agreement over $4million of watches and jewelry.
In the latest case, AJ’s Jewelry says Las Vegas-based Mayweather was a regular and trusted customer for 17 years.
Boxing icon Floyd Mayweather, who earned over $1billion in his career, now faces a $1.375million lawsuit from a Miami jeweler, putting his luxury lifestyle to the test
AJ’s Jewelry claims Mayweather paid just $300,000 of the $1.675 million he spent in August 2025, with all five remaining checks bouncing
The lawsuit states Mayweather had been a regular at AJ’s Jewelry for around 17 years, with the relationship highlighted in a 2014 Instagram post featuring him with owner AJ Machado
The lawsuit provides a jaw-dropping look at his extravagant spending, cataloging high-end treasures from Cartier, Rolex and Audemars Piguet that he walked away with.
The lawsuit states ‘the jewelry currently has a combined present value of several million dollars.
‘To date, Mayweather has only paid AJ’s Jewelry $300,000 of the outstanding balance owed via two wire transfers made on August 21, 2025 and October 7, 2025.’
Five subsequent checks bounced, the filing alleges. ‘Mayweather and/or his agents have repeatedly issued non-sufficient funds checks… a check dated August 19, 2025, for $515,000, a check dated August 29, 2025, for $460,000, a check dated September 3, 2025, for $700,000, a check dated December 5, 2025, for $458,000 and a check dated December 8, 2025, for $200,000.
‘When AJ’s Jewelry deposited the checks issued by Mayweather, all five checks were returned for insufficient funds.
‘As of the filing of this complaint, Mayweather still owes an outstanding balance of $1,375,000.’
The lawsuit said the company had repeatedly contacted the boxer, who won world titles in five different weights, both by trying to speak with him and in writing.
‘Each time Mayweather acknowledges the debt owed and promises to pay for the jewelry, then never sends the monies owed,’ it added.
‘Mayweather either knew or should have known these representations were false when he made them.’
The retired legend ‘intended to induce AJ’s Jewelry to allow him to take possession of the jewelry without paying for the items in full… and continues to refuse to return it despite multiple requests’.
The firm is demanding the bling back plus compensation and damages in a jury trial.
The Daily Mail has reached out to Mayweather’s attorney for comment.
Mayweather’s apparent financial woes were also highlighted earlier this year when it was revealed he is being sued by Miami couple Leila and David Centner, who own the five-bedroom Manhattan penthouse he leased for $100,000 a month.
The entrepreneurs allege he failed to pay a total debt of $330,000 in back rent by a deadline of December 2025.
Mayweather signed the lease for the magnificent pad over two floors in the exclusive Baccarat Hotel and Residences in late 2024. But it is claimed he stopped paying rent in July last year.
Meanwhile, he was busily posting photos of himself on a private jet surrounded by stacks of cash and captions such as: ‘I just be minding my business.’
Despite posting photos of himself surrounded by stacks of cash, Mayweather has faced financial woes, including a lawsuit from Miami couple Leila and David Centner, who claim he owes $330,000 in back rent on their $100,000-a-month Manhattan penthouse
The new filing also lists Mayweather’s close associate Jona Rechnitz as a plaintiff
In another social media video from September 2025, he piled money into a plastic bag and said: ‘You know, people only talk about winners. I’m a winner. So continue to talk.’
On top of that, another Miami jeweler Leonard Sulaymanov alleges in his Southern District of Florida case that Mayweather was flaunting his lifestyle while also failing to pay up after their settlement in the $4million bling dispute.
The filing, also against the boxer’s close associate Jona Rechnitz, features Mayweather’s bragging social media posts.
According to the agreement, the jeweler was supposed to have been paid back in installments. But Sulaymanov alleges the pair have not made payments on time and have broken the deal.
‘After the settlement was reached Mr Mayweather and Mr Rechnitz enjoyed a multi-million-dollar birthday week in Miami and bragged about it in newspapers and to media outlets,’ said the filing.
‘Then on June 30, 2025, while failing to make a second installment,’ they were ‘enjoying a vacation in the South of France and bragging about how much money they were spending.’
Referencing the social media photo of Mayweather surrounded by cash, the lawsuit accused Mayweather of a ‘cavalier attitude about court cases, settlements, contracts and monetary obligations’.
It added: ‘Later… Mr Mayweather boasted about having a $400,000 Richard Mille watch on, while again ignoring his legal and contractual obligations.’


