US-Iran latest: Trump says Iranian nuclear facilities were ‘completely and totally obliterated’ in bombing as he speaks after strikes

President Donald Trump has announced that US warplanes struck three nuclear facility sites in Iran, saying the facilities were “completely and totally obliterated”.
At about 8pm ET on Saturday, Trump wrote on Truth Social that “very successful” strikes had been carried out on the nuclear facilities in Fordow, Natanz, and Esfahan.
Iran has responded saying it “reserves all options to defend its sovereignty, interest, and people,” and called for an emergency UN Security Council meeting.
Shortly after the US strikes, missile attacks launched by Iran injured 11 people in Israel. The strikes caused severe damage in Tel Aviv, with several two-story residential buildings heavily damaged or collapsing, emergency responders said.
And Israel said it had resumed its own strikes on Sunday morning targeting military sites in western Iran.
Israel began launching attacks on Iran on 13 June, saying it was on the verge of developing nuclear weapons. Iran says its atomic programme is only for peaceful purposes.


