
An elderly person has been charged with gun offences at the property where Gus Lamont went missing.
South Australian Police said officers had been conducting inquiries and a renewed search at the Lamont family’s remote Oak Park Station in connection with the disappearance of Gus.
‘As a result of a previous search at Oak Park Station, Task Force Horizon detectives have today arrested a 75-year-old from Grampus and charged them with firearm offences,’ a spokesperson said on Monday.
‘They have been bailed to appear in the Peterborough Magistrates Court on May 6.’
Acting Officer in Charge of Major Crime Investigation Branch Detective Inspector Andrew Macrae said that the charges are not related to the disappearance of the four-year-old.
He added that the charges were also not connected to an incident with a journalist who attended the property in October 2025.
Gus went missing on September 27 last year and, despite the largest search operation in SAPOL history, no trace of him has been found.
More to follow.
Police have launched a fresh hunt for evidence in the disappearance of four-year-old Gus
Gus disappeared on September 27, 2025, after his grandmother said she last saw him playing on a mound of dirt at their property around 5pm
Authorities on Monday began a two-day search at the remote station where he vanished in September (pictured in October)



