Residents Near The Golden Bachelor Mansion Apparently In A Tizzy Over Rowdy Cast Parties

The Golden Bachelor mansion in Sydney has apparently copped multiple noise complaints as the site of a reportedly heated dispute between producers and neighbours in Elizabeth Bay.
That’s according to the Daily Mail Australia, which reported that residents near the mansion — a waterfront estate worth $110 million — are fed up with all the late-night parties and loud shenanigans taking place during filming of the show’s upcoming second season.
It apparently reached a boiling point last Wednesday, when police and council rangers were called to the mansion after being inundated with complaints of noise that stretched into the wee hours of the morning — because even those in their golden years are prone to a rager.
“What really tipped me over the edge was the first night they met the Bachelor,” one local told the Daily Mail, while claiming the cast was “up partying until 4am”.
“I woke up thinking it was kids screaming, but it was the women doing karaoke and yahooing,” they claimed.
The neighbourly tensions apparently got so intense that one resident retaliated by blasting their trumpet from their backyard in protest — a tidbit so specific, I can’t help but think it’s real.
“It is beyond disrespectful,” the source continued. “They have huge speakers and have even had live bands.”

While reports of this nature should usually be taken with a grain of salt, the City of Sydney Council, which encompasses Elizabeth Bay, did confirm that “several” complaints had been lodged about the reality TV filming location.
“As a result of these complaints, City of Sydney staff met with the production company to discuss standard noise limits,” a council spokesperson told PEDESTRIAN.TV.
“We will continue to monitor the production to ensure filming remains compliant and residential amenity is maintained.”
PEDESTRIAN.TV has reached out to The Bachelor Australia for comment.
Perhaps attempting to recoup good will, a letter was reportedly sent out to residents apologising for the rowdiness and assuring them no music would be played as they proceed with filming The Golden Bachelor.
It’s not the first time the mansion, or indeed The Golden Bachelor cast, has been subject to such complaints.

Neighbours apparently got up in arms when the estate hosted parties for Amex and Nova 96.9 some time ago, while last year’s Golden Bachie himself, Bear Myrden, said the cast copped noise complaints at around 3am due to the excessive partying and noise.
It’s the latest morsel of intel we’ve gotten ahead of The Golden Bachelor’s sophomore season, with reports claiming last year that the two lead contenders to front the new instalment both had romantic links to castmates from Myrden’s season.
A release date for season two hasn’t been announced, but keep an ear out for the faint sound of a rogue trumpet when it eventually premieres.
Lead images: Domain and Channel 9



