Military

Ukraine, Russia renew drone strikes after Easter truce

KYIV: Ukraine and Russia renewed overnight drone strikes on Monday, after the end of a 32-hour Orthodox Easter truce marred by accusations of mass violations, both countries said.

The Ukrainian air force said Russia had launched 98 drones, adding that its air defence units had downed 87 of them.

An infrastructure facility was hit in the central-eastern Dnipropetrovsk region, Ukrainian authorities said, adding that information about casualties was being clarified.

Russia meanwhile reported that “on April 13, air defence forces on duty intercepted and destroyed 33 Ukrainian aircraft-type unmanned aerial vehicles.”

Also Read: Trump’s Naval blockade of Hormuz is an economic warfare, harms global economy


Last week, Moscow and Kyiv agreed to observe the ceasefire, which lasted from 4:00 pm (1300 GMT) on Saturday until the end of the day on Sunday.

But as with a similar agreement last year, only relative calm reigned along the 1,200-kilometre (745-mile) front line.The Ukrainian army said it had counted more than 10,000 violations by the Russian army, most of which were front-line skirmishes.

Also Read: Hormuz blockade has begun, Trump says; claims Iran wants a deal

However, it said that “during the declared ceasefire period, no missile strikes, air strikes, or attack drone strikes (of the Shahed/Gerbera type) were recorded.”

Russia’s defence ministry accused Kyiv of nearly 2,000 breaches of the truce.

  • For more: Elrisala website and for social networking, you can follow us on Facebook
  • Source of information and images “economictimes.indiatimes”

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button

Discover more from Elrisala

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading