Disgraced ex-MLB star Trevor Bauer involved in scary car crash in Arizona… days after begging teams to sign him

Former Major League Baseball star Trevor Bauer has escaped unhurt after his McLaren sports car was involved in a terrifying crash in Arizona on Wednesday.
Bauer, 35, was blackballed by MLB franchises in 2021 after allegations of sexual assault were made against him, and he has not pitched in the majors since.
He is back in the American baseball system with the Long Island Ducks after stints in Japan and Mexico, but recently admitted he would even join a team for free with nobody willing to take a shot on him.
Bauer’s life has now taken another downward turn, though, after TMZ published photos and videos of a dangerous crash he was involved in in Arizona this week.
The outlet reports that he managed to escape unhurt, and was not at fault for the crash, but photos showed the road covered in debris from the incident.
A source close to Bauer reportedly told TMZ that he was driving in the 45mph speed zone when another driver crashed into him, sending him spinning out of control.
Trevor Bauer, pictured in 2024, escaped unhurt after crashing his McLaren in Arizona
It is not the first time Bauer has had a scary incident with a McLaren supercar. In 2019 (pictured) a tire from a semi-truck smashed through a window and onto the roof of his car
In images from the aftermath of the crash, Bauer – wearing a backwards cap – can be seen chatting with police officers at the scene of the incident, and it is understood none of the involved parties needed hospital treatment.
It has been reported that Bauer was in Arizona for medical treatment, though – on the back injury that has currently left him on the Long Island Ducks injury list.
The veteran pitcher has been suffering back spasms during his time in the ‘Atlantic League of Professional Baseball’, but still remains hopeful of sealing another opportunity with a Major League team.
It is not the first time Bauer has suffered a scary incident involving one of his McLaren supercars, after he posted a photo back in 2019 of his smashed up 650S vehicle.
Alongside the photo, he wrote: ‘Yesterday, if you told me a semi truck would total my McLaren, I [wouldn’t] have believed you. If you told me it would happen like THIS? I would’ve said you’re out of your mind. If this isn’t mayhem I don’t know what is.’
TMZ reported at the time that his car was parked at the local dealership when a tire flew off a truck, smashed through the window and landed on top of his car.
Bauer (right) was accused of sexual assault by Lindsey Hill (left) but was never charged
Back in 2026, Bauer continues his search for a return to Major League Baseball after serving his suspension – initially 324 games but reduced to 194.
He was never criminally charged after a San Diego woman made sexual assault allegations against him, and he has always maintained his innocence.
Speaking last week, he revealed that no teams in MLB have taken the opportunity to sign him – even though he’s offered to play for free.
The former Cy Young Award winner had hoped his move back to America with the Long Island Ducks would pave the way to an eventual return but, according to Bauer, that doesn’t seem likely.
Speaking on OutKick’s ‘Don’t @ Me with Dan Dakich’, Bauer explained: ‘I don’t know exactly what goes on behind the scenes. I have my suspicions, of course.
‘All I know is what the pattern is that we see. I can’t tell you how many different teams we’ve talked to.’
He claimed that during his calls to teams, he’s received assurances that they will take the leap and sign him to the roster – before seeing the deals eventually fall through.
‘Nothing happens for two or three days and we get a call back saying: “Hey, we can’t really talk about this, but sorry, it’s not going to work out”. People can think what they want to think about it but the ultimate reality is, I still, I don’t have a job.
‘I haven’t been allowed to play baseball in MLB again. I’ve offered to play for free, I’ve offered to go to the minor leagues, I’ve offered to literally donate my entire salary back to the team’s foundations and to play literally for zero dollars.’
Bauer has since played professionally in Japan and Mexico after failing to return to MLB
Bauer had hoped that his performance for the Long Island Ducks and during his time in both Japan and Mexico might sway MLB teams to take a chance on him.
The 35-year-old threw a seven-inning no-hitter for the Ducks last month.
‘It just doesn’t feel like anything that I do is going to be sufficient. No matter how well I pitch or what I say or don’t say or whatever,’ he explained.
Bauer has previously claimed that teams are colluding to keep him out of baseball since multiple allegations of sexual assault came to light – beginning in 2021.
In 2022, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office decided to not file criminal charges against Bauer over allegations made by his first accuser.
After that decision, Bauer and his accuser sued each other. In 2023, they settled both suits without admission of wrongdoing or exchanging money.
Three other women have accused Bauer of sexual assault. One of those women was later charged with defrauding the pitcher.



