Bondi hero Ahmed Al Ahmed pleads not guilty after allegations he attacked his father

Bondi terror attack hero Ahmed Al Ahmed has pleaded not guilty to allegations he assaulted his father.
The 44-year-old is accused of domestic violence offences, including common assault and stalking or intimidation with intent to cause fear of physical harm.
The charges relate to an alleged incident at a Bankstown home in Sydney’s south-west on March 9, which was reported to police and resulted in charges being laid earlier this month.
Mr Al Ahmed appeared in Bankstown Local Court on Wednesday, where he pleaded not guilty to the alleged offences.
He declined to comment when bombarded with questions from the media outside court, leaving his lawyer to make a statement on his behalf.
‘It is a family situation he never expected, one would never want to expect, and it must be really difficult for him,’ Mohamad Sakr told reporters.
‘But there is one thing that should be upheld and that is the presumption of innocence.
‘He is a heroic man and his honesty and dignity should be maintained until these matters are ultimately determined.’
Bondi terror attack hero Ahmed Al Ahmed (pictured right with his lawyer) has pleaded not guilty to allegations he assaulted his father
The Bondi terror attack hero (pictured with Sydney Swans coach Dean Cox) pleaded not guilty to the charged when he appeared in court on Wednesday
Mr Sakr reiterated that his client maintained his innocence.
The matter will return to court on December 3.
Mr Al Ahmed’s father Mohammad Fadeh Al Ahmed hopes that the matter will be settled before then.
‘God willing, it will all be resolved,’ he told ABC News.
‘After all, there’s nothing more precious than your child.’
Mr Al Ahmed became a household name in December after he was shot while helping tackle an armed gunman following an alleged terrorist attack at Sydney’s Bondi Beach.
His brothers Hozifah and Sameh were previously charged with threatening him unless he agreed to hand them a slice of the $2.6million in donations that he received after confronting gunman Sajid Akram.
The pair have pleaded not guilty to using a carriage service to menace/harass/offend.
Earlier this month, Mr Al Ahmed claimed the relationship with his father had deteriorated after he reported his brothers’ alleged extortion attempts to police.
Mohammad Fadeh Al Ahmed (pictured earlier this month) hopes that the matter involving his son will soon be settled
He alleged his father became angry and pressured him through other family members to withdraw the police complaint against his brothers.
‘He started sending messages with my sister, and he [said] either withdraw the case against the brother, or he will go against me,’ he told 2GB breakfast host Ben Fordham.
Mr Al Ahmed broke down in tears as he denied the allegations against him, claiming that he has never assaulted his father.
‘I’m a very honest innocent and I am an honorable guy,’ he said.
