Sydney Swans coach and captain speak out after exotic dancer at centre of alleged hotel sexual assault scandal tells her story

Sydney Swans senior coach Dean Cox and captain Callum Mills faced the media this morning as the team prepares to finish out its AFL season in the wake of an alleged sexual assault that has plagued the club this week.
Isaac Heeney and teammates Chad Warner, Riley Bice, Nick Blakey and James Jordon have been stood down for the remainder of the 2026 AFL season after the club found the players had breached its standards by staying out late, drinking and bringing women back to the Pullman East Melbourne hotel early Monday morning.
The suspensions are separate from a Victoria Police investigation into an alleged sexual assault at the hotel. No charges have been laid, and all players have denied wrongdoing.
It comes as the exotic dancer at the centre of the scandal broke her silence to the Daily Mail, revealing the fallout after fans leaked her name.
Meanwhile, Carbone Lawyers personal injury head John Karantzis claimed on Friday that there were more than five men in the Pullman East Melbourne hotel room and alleged the group included ‘leaders’ from the Sydney Swans.
‘With what has been alleged, these women were subject to the most disgusting actions and behaviour I have ever heard about in my 28 years as a lawyer,’ Mr Karantzis told 3AW’s Tom Elliott.
‘These women already have a difficult job and what they were subjected to is alleged, demeaning, abhorrent, and simply not moral or acceptable.’
Asked how many men were allegedly in the room and who they were, Mr Karantzis said the full story was yet to emerge.
‘It’s more than five (men in the room), that’s for sure,’ he said.
‘More than five men and it’s alleged that there were even a few leaders in that room.’
When Elliott asked whether he meant coaches, Mr Karantzis said: ‘I can’t say in concern to that, that is for the Sydney Swans to say.’
Cox was later asked about the lawyer’s claims and his description of the alleged behaviour.
‘Dean, a lawyer for two of the women spoke this morning and described the behaviour as disgusting, abhorrent, the worst he has ever heard of a woman being subjected to in his 28 years of being a lawyer,’ a journalist said.
‘How do you respond to that?’
‘I respond to – the utmost, the highest level about respecting women. I have always been like that,’ Cox said.
‘I can’t comment on what a lawyer says about something other than, you know, we’ll work through our process and my stance on respect for women is of the highest order.’
Follow Daily Mail’s live coverage.
Swans coach Dean Cox responds to lawyer’s explosive claim women were subjected to ‘most disgusting actions and behaviour’ he’d heard of in 28 years
Swans coach refuses to say if other club staff were in hotel room with five players: ‘That’s a police investigation’
Swans captain Callum Mills breaks his silence on scandal
Swans coach apologises to women at centre of allegations
Swans players break their silence
Sydney Swans players ‘filmed BY strippers’ during hotel scandal as fresh WhatsApp claims emerge
Five players suspended, Victoria Police investigating:
What we know so far
EXCLUSIVE: Exotic dancer at centre of Sydney Swans hotel scandal breaks her silence
Sponsors pull out as fallout continues
Swans fans vow to boycott the club’s next game
Inside the love lives of Sydney Swans stars banned over exotic dancer hotel scandal




