‘I’m going to get arrested’: Accused Scots College gang-rape suspect on suicide watch as secret TikTok revenge plot forces family to flee Sydney

The scandal behind the sandstone façade of Scots College is deepening with angry students plotting vigilante-style attacks against the three accused gang rapists, parents turning on one another – and one terrified family forced to flee their home.
The extraordinary fallout stems from the alleged sexual assault of a young girl in an alley in Bondi Junction, in Sydney’s eastern suburbs, on July 22.
Three teenage boys were arrested last week and the allegations have since sent shockwaves through the tight-knit school community where reputation is everything and ‘our boys’ are often seen as infallible.
Two boys, aged 13 and 14, were each charged with aggravated sexual assault in company and two counts of aggravated sexual touching of another person.
A third boy, aged 14, was charged with one count of aggravated sexual assault in company and one count of aggravated sexual touching of another person.
Now, a well-connected Scots College source has told the Daily Mail that several students, angry about the allegations, have been taking matters into their own hands and launched a secret TikTok group to plan ‘payback’.
‘All three of the accused boys have had their houses graffitied and vandalised,’ said the source.
‘At least one of their siblings has been targeted and sent vile threats and harassing messages, to the point that their parents have shut down all of their social media accounts for their own safety.
Angry students plotted vigilante-style attacks against the three accused Scots College gang rapists, forcing one terrified family to flee their home. (Scots College is pictured)
Three teenage boys were arrested last week and the allegations have since sent shockwaves through the tight-knit school community where reputation is everything and ‘our boys’ are often seen as infallible. (Disclaimer: This is a stock image of Scots Boys, not the accused trio)
‘They [the students in the TikTok group] were apparently planning to raid their homes in the middle of the night and police have had to do drive-bys.
‘One of the boys’ families left the state because they were so scared. We don’t think they will move back to Sydney at all.
‘Another of the accused boys is on suicide watch.’
While it is understood that all three boys have now been suspended from the college, where Year 12 fees top $50,000 per year, parents are said to be furious about the school’s prior lack of communication regarding the serious allegations.
There are also said to be tensions between school parents.
‘Lots of kids knew about the incident for weeks before the school did anything,’ claimed the source.
‘One boy told everyone he was going to get arrested and all of this was building up among them before any adults stepped in to talk to them about it.
‘Parents were hearing about it via their kids, but the school and the police didn’t look like they were doing anything and the boys were not suspended for a while.
A Scots College source told the Mail that several students, furious about the allegations, have taken matters into their own hands and launched a secret TikTok group to plan ‘payback’
‘Finally that seems to have happened now, but all of that has just been fuelling teenagers’ anger and it’s got out of control.’
After their arrest, the three accused were granted strict conditional bail and are due to appear before a children’s court on August 25.
Police also executed search warrants at homes connected to the investigation, seizing several electronic devices for forensic examination.
Officers also seized two replica firearms, including a Glock-style BB gun, three laser pointers and a number plate alleged to have been stolen from one of the homes.
Those items will also undergo forensic testing.
The incident marks the most serious crisis in the 133-year history of one of the country’s most expensive schools.
‘Parents are outraged that their boys are going to be tarred with the same brush as [the accused],’ the source claimed.
‘They are worried the school’s reputation has been forever tarnished, regardless of the outcome of proceedings, and don’t know why the school didn’t address this sooner.’
But the source said the culture at Scots has been ‘going downhill for years’.
‘This is just one in a long line of scandals that have happened at the school and it’s well known,’ the source said.
‘In fact, I know one kid who recently applied for Cranbrook, didn’t get an offer and his parents took him to Scots and he got accepted.
‘That’s pretty telling and everyone is talking about it.’
On Tuesday, parents submitted a letter stating they ‘are very frustrated and deserve better than’ the school’s current handling of the situation.
The school principal, Dr Ian Lambert, and chairman Glen Pather sent a reply later that day addressing the mounting criticism.
A source said the culture at Scots has been ‘going downhill for years’. The school’s principal Dr Ian Lambert is pictured
‘We want to be very clear: sexual violence is never acceptable. Behaviour of the kind alleged is entirely inconsistent with the standards and values of the College,’ they wrote.
‘Commentary that minimises sexual violence, blames or targets another person or speculates about the young people involved is also unacceptable.’
The heads noted that the school can’t ‘determine what occurred’ and that the allegations ‘occurred away from the College and outside school hours’.
The letter then said staff were in the process of holding conversations with students.
‘We understand that staff and parents want to know what has been said to students, what support is available and what the College teaches about consent, dignity and relationships,’ it read.
‘All students in Year Five and above have now been spoken to about this matter in age-appropriate ways and in settings suited to their stage of development.
‘In every case, additional support has been offered. Staff continue to pay close attention to students who may feel unsettled, angry, confused or personally affected by what they have heard or read.’
The Daily Mail has contacted Scots College for comment.
LIFELINE 13 11 14
