
Two shooters believed to be linked to 10 random attacks have been arrested following a chaotic weekend in Austin, Texas.
Police had earlier issued a shelter in place warning as they searched for the two Hispanic teenagers who allegedly carried out a series of shootings that left up to four people injured.
Both suspects were described as Hispanic men in their late teens. One had medium wavy hair while the other had longer hair, Police Chief Lisa Davis said.
The shootings began on Saturday night and continued into Sunday morning.
The outlet reported that the suspect seems to be targeting fire stations, but a motive for the shootings remains unclear.
‘We don’t have any specific motive that has been identified,’ Mayor Kirk Watson said at a news conference.
‘In fact, these actions appear to be random.’
Police are hunting for suspects in connection with multiple shootings which left up to four people injured
They were last seen driving a white KIA Optima, though they have previously also used a black or dark blue Hyundai, a gold Hyundai sedan and a silver Mazda four-door as they carried out the attacks
The first shooting came at 9pm Saturday on Wentworth Drive in east Austin, where the suspects fired toward Fire Station 26.
The second shooting then came at around 8am near the intersection of James Ranch Road and Ballydawn Drive in southeast Austin, where a male victim was shot once and transported to a local hospital, where authorities say he remains in serious but stable condition.
They were last seen driving a white KIA Optima, though they have previously also used a black or dark blue Hyundai, a gold Hyundai sedan and a silver Mazda four-door as they carried out the attacks. All of the vehicles had been stolen.
Residents in the areas of South Slaughter Ln, East McKinney Falls Pkwy, North Ben White Blvd and West Escarpment Blvd were urged to to remain indoors amid the manhunt.
This is a breaking news story, check back for updates.


