Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor to feature in drama on scandals and cover-ups, his lawyers are warned

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor is to be depicted in a film recreating scenes from his downfall, The Mail on Sunday can reveal.
Titled The Janitor, it stars Peaky Blinders actor Harry Kirton as a publicist who cleans up the elite’s scandals, with one scene dubbed ‘The Table of Filth’ recreating episodes from the former prince’s downfall.
Producers have yet to say who will play Mr Mountbatten-Windsor, who has consistently denied any wrongdoing.
The former duke was stripped of his royal titles last year following his association with convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein. He was then arrested on February 19 this year, his 66th birthday, and remains under investigation.
Lawyers acting for the former prince have been offered a chance to give his side of the story before the script is finalised. But Mr Mountbatten-Windsor has declined to engage with the production, which could be released before Christmas. Buckingham Palace was also approached twice and did not reply.
In one scene, a reporter hands the former prince the infamous picture of himself with Virginia Giuffre, who claimed she was forced to have sex with him when she was 17 – an allegation he has always denied.
He has also denied ever meeting her.
Ms Giuffre died by suicide last year, aged 41. The former duke’s ex-girlfriend Lady Victoria Hervey, 49, will also be portrayed in the film, though it is not known who will play her.
A photograph appearing to show Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor crouched over an unidentified woman was released earlier this year
Mr Mountbatten-Windsor (pictured on April 20) has declined to engage with the production, which could be released before Christmas
The final scene shows staff looking at a photograph of him kneeling over a woman – an image included in the Epstein files released in January.
A production source said the film’s legal team has ‘bulletproofed every single frame’ and is prepared for a backlash. The insider added it drags ‘into the daylight some of the most toxic cover-ups in modern British history’.
Executive producer Dr Shamsa Akhtar has also said a US TV adaptation may be on the cards. Disgraced newsreader Huw Edwards, 65, was previously revealed to have been asked to play himself – an approach he rejected from production firm Big Bear Little Bear.

