Military

Iran-Israel War Day 31 Updates: Trump claims ‘regime change’ in Iran; Israel strikes Tehran as war crosses a month

The Iran-Israel war entered its 31st day on Monday with fresh strikes, rising casualties across multiple fronts, and a provocative claim by US President Donald Trump that the conflict has effectively led to a “regime change” in Iran.

“We’re dealing with different people than anybody’s dealt with before. It’s a whole different group of people. So I would consider that regime change,” Trump said, even as fighting escalated in Iran, Israel and neighbouring countries.

You may follow our coverage of the West Asia war here

Below is a comprehensive breakdown of the latest developments shaping the conflict:

Escalation across Iran and Israel

Hostilities intensified overnight, with the Israeli military confirming it had launched fresh strikes across Tehran. Targets included infrastructure linked to Iran’s defence capabilities, including a key facility used for manufacturing ballistic missile components.

  • Iran, in turn, reported widespread power outages in the capital, blaming “attacks on electricity industry facilities,” signalling the growing focus on critical infrastructure.
  • In central Iran, a university in Isfahan said it had been struck for the second time since the war began, underlining the widening scope of targets.
  • Tehran also continued its offensive. Iran’s Revolutionary Guards said they had fired ballistic missiles at an industrial complex in southern Israel. Visuals from the site showed a warehouse engulfed in flames, with emergency crews battling thick plumes of smoke. The Israeli military suggested the damage may have been caused by “missile shrapnel.”

Regional spillover and rising casualties

The conflict continued to spill across borders, with deadly consequences.

  • In Kuwait, an Iranian strike on a power station killed an Indian worker and damaged infrastructure, according to the country’s electricity ministry. Separately, Kuwait’s defence ministry said 10 service members were injured in another attack on a military camp.
  • Lebanon remains one of the worst-hit theatres. The health ministry said Israeli strikes have killed 1,238 people since March 2, when hostilities with Hezbollah escalated. The country also held funerals for three journalists killed in a recent Israeli strike in the south.
  • The Israeli military said the attack targeted Ali Shoeib, a veteran correspondent for Hezbollah’s Al Manar TV, accusing him—without providing evidence—of being a Hezbollah operative.
  • Meanwhile, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said he had ordered the military to “further expand” a security zone in Lebanon, indicating a potential deepening of ground operations.

Military build-up and strategic threats

Israel has significantly ramped up its war preparedness. Parliament passed the 2026 budget with around $10 billion in additional military spending, taking the total defence allocation to roughly $45 billion.

  • On the Iranian side, rhetoric and warnings escalated. Parliament speaker Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf claimed the United States was “secretly planning a ground attack” despite ongoing diplomatic signalling.
  • Iran’s navy chief Shahram Irani also issued a direct warning, saying the USS Abraham Lincoln would be targeted if it enters operational range.

Diplomatic manoeuvres and political tensions

Amid the fighting, diplomatic efforts are underway, though with uncertain prospects.

Pakistan said it is ready to broker and host “meaningful talks” between the United States and Iran. The initiative has reportedly drawn support from the United Nations and China. Foreign ministers from Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Turkey met in Islamabad to discuss the situation.

At the same time, tensions flared in Lebanon over Iran’s diplomatic presence. Iran’s ambassador refused to leave the country despite being declared persona non grata. Lebanon’s foreign ministry accused him of making statements “interfering in Lebanon’s internal politics.”

Also read: Bankers aren’t letting the Iran war get in the way of a deal

Information blackout and media targeted

Iran has now been under a nationwide internet blackout for 30 days, leaving millions cut off from communication and independent information as the war continues.

  • Media organisations have also come under fire. Qatari broadcaster Al Araby said an Israeli missile struck a building housing its office in Tehran, damaging the facility and wounding 10 people, according to the Iranian Red Crescent.
  • As the conflict enters its second month, the scale and intensity of the war continue to expand—geographically and militarily. From Tehran to southern Israel, and from Lebanon to Kuwait, multiple fronts remain active.

Trump’s assertion of “regime change” marks a sharp escalation in rhetoric, even as ground realities point to a protracted and increasingly complex conflict, with rising risks of broader regional involvement and direct confrontation between Iran and the United States.

  • For more: Elrisala website and for social networking, you can follow us on Facebook
  • Source of information and images “economictimes.indiatimes”

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button

Discover more from Elrisala

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading