Man United stars and their WAGs head for a night out at plate-smashing Greek bar to celebrate last home game of season – but with one player missing

The Manchester United squad celebrated confirming their third-place finish in the Premier League by going for a team meal at an upscale and lively Greek restaurant in the heart of the city on Sunday night.
Michael Carrick’s side edged an entertaining five-goal thriller with Nottingham Forest in their final home game of the season at Old Trafford, earlier in the day.
Bruno Fernandes grabbed the headlines, equalling the Premier League assists record also held by top-flight legends Kevin De Bruyne and Thierry Henry, setting up Bryan Mbeumo for United’s third, after Luke Shaw and Matheus Cunha had netted the hosts’ first two goals of the afternoon.
And the United skipper was seen with a smile on his face hours later, as he entered Fenix Bar and Restaurant in Manchester alongside his wife Ana Pinho to celebrate the achievement with his team-mates and their loved ones.
The captain and the rest of the squad went for a swanky Mediterranean meal at the Greek food hotspot known for its energetic vibes, which include traditional plate-smashing during evening events.
However, there was one major absentee at the dinner. Casemiro, who has just said his final farewell to the Old Trafford faithful, was not seen attending the dinner alongside the rest of the United team.
Bruno Fernandes and wife Ana Pinho pictured arriving at Man United’s end-of-season dinner at Fenix Restaurant and Bar in Manchester on Sunday night
Despite his emotional farewell at Old Trafford after United’s 3-2 win over Nottingham Forest, Casemiro did not attend the meal with the rest of the squad
It had been an emotional day for the Brazilian, who was serenaded by the Red Devils faithful from prior to kick-off to after the full-time whistle when he said his goodbyes to those in the stands.
‘Thank you to everyone: the best thing with this club is you,’ Casemiro told them afterward with his wife Anna, son Caio, and daughter Sara by his side.
But the midfielder, who has just one final game left at the club at Brighton next week, was nowhere to be seen at Fenix later that night.
Shaw, who had netted his first club goal in over three years earlier that day, was there, though. He, like Fernandes, could also be seen smiling like a Cheshire cat as he arrived at the restaurant with partner Anouska Santos, with whom he shares four children.
Cunha and his wife, Gabriela Nogueira da Cunha, could also be seen hand-in-hand arriving at the meal, as were Lisandro Martinez and partner Muri Lopez.
Last season’s summer signings, Senne Lammens and Benjamin Sesko, were also snapped arriving, showing that the event’s dress code ranged from smart to casual.
It wasn’t a player-only event, as Carrick, who is soon to be announced as the permanent United head coach, also attended, donning a swanky all-black suit. Backroom staff member and former defender Jonny Evans was also there.
The dinner will be the only end-of-season event for this United team. Confidential revealed earlier this month that the Manchester United bosses have decided not to hold an end-of-season player awards night for the third year in a row
Luke Shaw was seen smiling as he arrived at the dinner alongside partner Anouska Santos
Matheus Cunha his wife Gabriela Nogueira da Cunha (left) attended as did Lisandro Martinez and partner Muri Lopez (right)
Benjamin Sesko (left) and Senne Lammens (right) opted for more casual attire at the event
That’s despite Carrick managing to salvage a season that seemed doomed under the stewardship of Ruben Amorim, by securing Champions League qualification for the club for the first time in three seasons.
The club cancelled the gala event at Old Trafford in 2024 after finishing eighth in the Premier League, and again last year when they slumped to 15th and lost the Europa League final to Tottenham.
Captain Bruno Fernandes is also in contention for the Premier League Player of the Year award after edging closer to the single-season assist record of 20, held jointly by Thierry Henry and Kevin De Bruyne.
However, it has been decided to honour any personal achievements among the men’s and women’s teams in a more private setting at Carrington later this month.
Sources say the decision is not so much a reflection on a rollercoaster campaign – at 40 games, United’s shortest since the First World War because they weren’t in Europe and fell at the first hurdle in both domestic cup competitions – and more because of a move away from gala awards nights.
Foregoing the glitzy event, which has been a regular fixture for the United stars and their WAGs down the years, is also in keeping with Carrick’s assertion that a club of United’s stature should not be celebrating a top-five finish.


