Sydney Swans scandal takes explosive new turn as it’s revealed five suspended stars took exotic dancers to their hotel room for private lap dances before sexual assault allegation

The five Sydney Swans players suspended following a night out in Melbourne had taken exotic dancers back to their hotel for private lap dances before a sexual assault allegation was made, it has been reported.
Riley Bice, Nick Blakey, Isaac Heeney, James Jordon and Chad Warner have been stood down for the remainder of the 2026 AFL season after the club found they breached its standards by staying out late, drinking and bringing women back to the Pullman East Melbourne hotel.
Swans chief executive Matthew Pavlich said the five players were sanctioned over their conduct that night.
Their suspensions are separate from a Victoria Police investigation into an alleged sexual assault at the hotel.
News Corp reports the lap dancers arrived at the Pullman at around 4am for the private sessions.
Jordon was reportedly among players who arrived back at about 2.15am, while Heeney returned with another group about 15 minutes later.
Several hours later, at about 7am, two women were seen in a shared area of the hotel approaching staff and demanding access to guest rooms, according to witnesses.
One woman told hotel staff she had been ‘touched’ and felt overwhelmed while surrounded by several men in the room, according to what was overheard.
Swans chief executive Matthew Pavlich said the players were sanctioned for staying out late, drinking and bringing women back to the team hotel in Melbourne
Riley Bice, Nick Blakey, Isaac Heeney, James Jordon and Chad Warner will not be considered for selection for the rest of the 2026 season, the club announced on Wednesday
Nick Blakey has been named as the fifth player stood down
A witness said one of the women appeared ‘hysterical’ and ‘upset’ and later ran into the hotel toilets crying before police were called.
‘We have everything recorded,’ one of the women was reported telling hotel staff.
Victoria Police subsequently attended the hotel and confirmed officers were investigating a report of sexual assault.
Daily Mail does not suggest any of the players are under investigation or involved in any wrongdoing, just that they spoke to police about the alleged incident.
Pavlich said the players were sanctioned for staying out late, drinking and bringing women back to the team hotel in Melbourne earlier today.
‘It was staying out late, it was drinking, it was to continue their night,’ Pavlich said.
‘It was bringing women back to the hotel. It was a long way short of what we expect of our players.
‘And we’re holding them to a really high standard. But they were well short of anywhere near that standard.
Chad Warner was questioned by police over the allegations. He is pictured with his girlfriend Alice Hughes
‘We’re not abandoning our players. We are supporting our players through this really challenging time for them,’ he said.
‘Just to be clear – they will not be considered for AFL selection for the remainder of the season, including finals. But they will be allowed back at the football club.’
Palvich also addressed why Swans coach Dean Cox was also out late that night.
‘The staff – coaches, physios, doctors, commercial staff, media people – had a get-together, pre-planned get together,’ he said.
‘They all finished the game quite late. They all got back to the hotel quite late, had some dinner, and then went out.
‘It wasn’t inappropriate, what they did. No issue at all with them.
‘All I can say is that this football club’s had a wonderful, rich, strong culture. But we’ve got a long way back here to rebuild the trust of our fans, our commercial partners, our sponsors, and the people that love the Sydney Swans.’
Palvich was also asked if the players would be tested for illicit drugs.
‘That’s a matter for the police,’ he said.
Swans chair Andrew Pridham said it was a sad day for the club.
‘I want to offer a sincere apology to the community, our fans and members, our corporate partners who have been amazingly supportive of us, understanding we are trying to deal with this matter as quickly as we can, as honestly as we can,’ he says.
‘Our thoughts go out to everybody who has been impacted by these events, and we know it has impacted many, many people, ranging from the partners of our staff, our players.
‘There is deep disappointment in the club and we know that people are hurting.
‘Hopefully people can see how seriously we have taken this matter. We are very proud of the culture we have built over many many years at this club. We get more right than we get wrong.
‘I know the five players involved, they are extremely remorseful for their actions and having breached the club standards.’
The five players reportedly drove back to Sydney on Monday night to avoid media at the airport.
